1. Hey there, fine web surfer and stationery seeker outer... (not quite wordy enough)
2. Greetings and salutations... (bleep. bloop. bleep. i. sound. like. a. robot.)
3. Why, hello there... (this sounded like the beginning of a pickup line)
4. Oh, excuse me. I didn't see you sitting there... (this sounded like the beginning of a an even more perverted pickup line)
5. Hola!... (for my bilingual fans)
6. Writing an "about" page is hard... (boo hoo, miss whiny mcwhinerstein)
7. So what'cha, what'cha, what'cha want??? (wat'cha want)
8. Hi. My name is Lisa and I like printing, candy, hip hop, staying up late... (and then Chuck Woolery kisses me on the cheek)
9. Knock. Knock... (this could have worked, minus the whole knock knock part)
10. A photo of me eating a grilled cheese sandwich. I'm still trying to make sense of this one but I'm pretty sure it's 100% awesome.
In the end I chose none of the above...or maybe all of the above. I'm not really sure. Regardless, I thought you might want to know a few actual facts about what I do, where I do it and why.
I make things for a living. Particularly, letterpress printed stationery, prints and greeting cards. Five days a week I show up at my studio in the Lawrenceville neighborhood of Pittsburgh and I print. My days are spent sitting behind a desk and standing behind a press. Some days I feel like a rock star and other days, not so much.
I started Sapling Press in 2003 while living and working as a graphic designer in Baltimore. When I moved to Pittsburgh in 2005, Sapling Press became my full time gig. I took a few years off from the greeting card circuit to have my two awesome kiddos and focus on a collection of baby and wedding albums. Don't call it a comeback, but in 2010 I did just that. Armed with a brand new design aesthetic and a lot more focus, I reintroduced myself to the greeting card industry and I'm thinking I made the right choice.
I create because I can. I print because I love it. I design for myself, but you're always on my mind.
Let's be friends.